My first quilt with a binding! Dad named it...Colorado Columbine. The front is hand painted silk and the rest is commercial cotton. The binding was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. I found a video where you use Elmers washable glue to set everything tight so that the fabric does not buckle or slide under the presser foot. It works really well!
Joanne used a variegated thread for the quilting that works wonderfully with the flower.
I put the binding on backwards so I could have a wide binding in the front. I will probably not do that again because I do not really care for the stitching line it leaves on the back.