Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine

Over Christmas vacation we spent some time with my cousin and his wife. They shared about their interest in Mail Art and the simplicity of making a postcard to drop in the mail. I was curious and very inspired after I received one in the mail from them. I made and sent them one back...no picture! I did not take one! I was so excited to get it in the mail and of course it is the best piece of art I have ever created!!!
The lady at the post office was a bit hesitant to mail it without an envelope, She was sure it would be damaged...I had to convince her that was all part of the charm. I hope it gets to its destination in one piece and just a bit grunged up.
Saturday I saw Terri's valentine cards and thought it would be a fun thing to do for the kids. I dug in the scrap pile and made ten of these.
The fabric is fused and sewn to heavy interfacing, with the back being plain or hand dyed muslin, addressed with a permanent marker, to be thrown into the postal (grunge) service today.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment