Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bucket O' Mud

I decided I needed extra fabric to make the WI fall strip quilt with a gradation (the way my hubby would like it). I picked my colors for dyeing some silk and cotton...knowing all the while it is very hard to match commercial fabric.

Three buckets to try and get the 6 main colors, yellow to red, blue to purple and green to brown.

The green to brown was the bucket of mud, I was not sure how green would come out of there but it did!
The pictures show the hand dyes as being washed out, they are not, they are bright and could be toned down. I think it is the type of cotton. All in all I am happy that I came as close as I did!

Posted by Picasa


  1. Beautiful work!!
    It's my first visit and I love your blog!

  2. Oh my goodness...these are AWESOME!! What fun you are having. Love it!!!!!!!!!