Saturday, April 3, 2010

Columbines again

I am doing columbines again but with some parameters. I told myself no more single blossoms, full front on perspective or blending of colors that are the same hue. I have spent days just getting the pattern right...as right as I can for my skill level!
I decided that I would like it better if my Gutta lines were not white so I drew the pattern onto the silk with dye then covered the dried lines with Gutta.




I usually shade with a darker shade of the same color. I am using red to shade yellow and orange to shade pink. I have been working on this for over 5 hours today and have not to the reached the halfway point. Just in case there is any doubt...I am Loving this!
Happy Easter and God Bless.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Another WOW!! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see it! Even the pieces you yourself don't like make my eyes pop. :D

    ReplyDelete