Monday, March 8, 2010

Snow dyeing



It is finally snowing here in Southeast Alaska! I have been so jealous of the lower 48 getting all that snow and everyone snow dyeing.
I tried two different ways. I used 2yd pieces one in a tub like low water immersion and the other
on a screen above a tub.

Here is the detail shot. On a rack is the blue fabric and LWI is the red. The red has stronger lines, the blue soft like a Monet landscape.
Neither came out like I wanted so I am headed back to do a couple more. I am after one with more green in it. I really did use blue and yellow on the red fabric...The red ate it up!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Love them both! The red is so bold, and I just love anything blue! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, those are spectacular, particularly the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! Snow dyes are always such a surprise.

    ReplyDelete