Saturday, July 25, 2009

Challenge cards

These are the cards for our stamping club challenge. The flowers are made with grunge paper and colored with a re-inker and perfect pearls. The stems are painted with crackle paint.

The center of this flower is my hand dyed cotton sewn to Texture magic. It shrinks when heated and ruffles the fabric. I used metallic thread and did not realize that I had plain black in the bobbin...so the metallic does not show. There is always next time!

The center is made from my test piece. The instructions tell you... the closer the stitching lines the more texture. I was varying the distance to see how close they really needed to be. I like it the best when the stitching is close. This is really fun and unexpected!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment